Tuesday, February 3, 2015

January Favourites

Hi everyone!

Your first instalment of monthly favourites of 2015 has officially landed.  The products are a mix of makeup are mainly what I use in the summer to achieve a golden, summer glow and products that I've used pretty much everyday this month! 


Lorac Pro Palette - Eyeshadows


(Swatches from left to right on the palette)

I've been loving this palette, even though i'm not that great at putting on eyeshadow! Unlike the Naked Palettes, this one has a row of 8 mattes and 8 shimmers that complement each other. The texture is buttery and nicely pigmented. Besides the Taupe colour (3rd colour of the top row), all the shadows have great colour payoff!

Tarte 12 hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed


After watching Essie Button, I decided to purchase this blush as one of my first for Tarte. She describes it as a light brown-toned pink that could be used alone without bronzer or contouring. I definitely agree with her! The blush is perfect for everyday makeup looks, especially if your previous blushes have left you looking like a clown. I cannot claim that it lasts 12 hours but it does last considerably longer than say my ELF blushes. I would recommend getting a good blush brush such as the Sigma F40 because the texture of the blush is a bit hard (because of the clay) so you need a brush that will pick up a good amount of product. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette 



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! This is by far my favourite setting powder (it is deceiving but they are not highlighters!). Hourglass claims that these powders will blur out your imperfections and set your foundation with a gentle iridescent glow. I totally vouch for that and my colour for winter would be the Dim Light one and Radiant Light would be when I have a tan. Also I use Radiant Light for light contouring for daytime looks! 

Benefit's Gimme Brow



This little wand changed my brow game forever. It is the perfect deep brown colour for the awkwardly brown/black asian brows that I have. The wand is so small and precise that it helps me mould how I want my brows to look, even without a pencil sometimes! The formula is unique because it has fibres that volumise your eyebrows, creating a fuller look. This is perfect for everyday makeup as you don't need to put in much effort at all. Gimme Brow comes in this colour and a lighter one.

Loreal Paris 24 Hour Super Liner Gel Eyeliner


This is the first gel eyeliner that has worked for me and I am so grateful because my liquid liner is running out! As you can see in the 2nd image, the line is so dark, black and pigmented with just one swatch. I love this because it is such a smooth formula and lasts forever on the eyelids. Highly recommend guys! Note: I would recommend using this with a very thin pointed or angled eyeliner brush such as the Sigma E10 or Sigma Angled brush for the best results.

Nars Lip Pencil in Yu









I bought the Limited Edition Nars Digital World Pencil Set and Yu is by far my favourite colour. As you can see it is so, so pigmented and is a great pop of colour for those partying nights! At first I thought the texture would be dry and tug on the lips because it was a pencil, but it was very creamy and has great lasting power. It is a satin finish so it has a hint of glossiness for a classic look.

Mac Mineralise Skinfinish in Soft&Gentle




I've been wanting this highlighter for a really long time and when my Aunty got it for me, I was over the moon! Besides the beautiful golden/bronze sheen that is has on the skin (compliments pretty much any skin colour), the actual highlight powder itself is so mesmerising. The marbling effect kind of makes me feel like the highlighter is better than it actually is (great marketing Mac ;)) But overall it has great lasting power and completes any look!

Benefit's Hoola Bronzer






The universal bronzer. Many makeup artists have claimed that this bronzer is used on a lot of their models, and I would have to admit that it does make me feel like I'm a model. Because the it is a matte bronzer that has little to no orange or ashy tinge, it is the perfect bronzer for contouring. Previously I used the Laguna Bronzer which is also great but I found that this does do a better job. The texture is very buttery but has a bit of fall out. Lasts pretty much all day when it is set with powder! 

Loreal Paris False Lash Wings Mascara




This is my favourite night-time or night out mascara because it is so black and adds both volume and length. We all know my favourite is the Maybelline Full 'N Soft but it doesn't add enough oomph for nights out. This mascara is unique because of the wand, as it fans out creating a wing effect for your lashes. The bristles are close together so they catch every lash which is very impressive. I opted for the waterproof one as I usually do because they hold the curl better. Even though it is my favourite I'm still on the lookout for a mascara that does an even better job!

YSL Touche Eclat in 02




I have been wanting a highlighter pen for a while now and I picked up this baby during christmas sales for $32 as opposed to the RRP which is $55 (which is kind of ridiculous to me, but Australian prices ...). So far I have been using it for nights out and helps create that glowy highlighted look that everyone is into these days! It is a runny formula but I use my beauty blender to blend it nicely into my skin. I usually target the under eye area, cheekbones, nose bridge etc. I love that it is a pen as well because you can just mark where you want to highlight. Definitely recommend! 

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown



LOVE!! This product really does live up to all its hype. The texture is so creamy and doesn't budge even if you are sweating like crazy at a club. It does take a lot of practice to get used to it because it is so pigmented that your brows might look more like hairy caterpillars by the end of it. The trick is to use a stiff angled brush (preferably brow e.g. the EcoTools angled eyeliner brush) and to dip a bit of your brush is on both sides and clean it off on the rims so that there isn't too much product. It is so worth the money because you only need a tiny bit on your brush and you're good to good. Warning: This is for a more intense brow look so you might want to save it for your nights out when you want bold brows. 

That's it for January favourites and if you have any further questions or comments about the products please comment below! :)

Janie 

No comments:

Post a Comment